simulating survival data according to covariate values

simulating survival data according to covariate values

Andres LaCortadora
Hi,

I'd like to simulate survival times according to continuous covariate values. Suppose we have a continuos covariate whose value of zero corresponds to a mean survival time of 180 days and whose value of 0.5 corresponds to a mean survival time of 240 days. How can I use this information to simulate survival times according to the covariate information? I guess I have to use distribution functions like rexp or rweibull? How can I use them to include this information on the covariates?
I'd be very glad for helpful information!

Kind regards
Andres
Andres