simulation from pareto distn

cassie jones
Dear all,

I am trying to simulate from truncated Pareto distribution. I know there is
a package called PtProcess for Pareto distribution...but it is not for
truncated one. Can anyone please help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Cassie

Re: simulation from pareto distn

djmuseR
Hi:

library(sos)
findFn('truncated Pareto')

On my system, it scared up 17 matches. It looks like the VGAM package would
be a reasonable place to start looking.

HTH,
Dennis

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 8:50 AM, cassie jones <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to simulate from truncated Pareto distribution. I know there is
> a package called PtProcess for Pareto distribution...but it is not for
> truncated one. Can anyone please help me with this?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Cassie

Re: simulation from pareto distn

Giovanni Petris

For a Pareto distribution, even a truncated one, the inverse CDF method
should be straightforward to implement.

Giovanni Petris

On Tue, 2010-11-09 at 10:50 -0600, cassie jones wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to simulate from truncated Pareto distribution. I know there is
> a package called PtProcess for Pareto distribution...but it is not for
> truncated one. Can anyone please help me with this?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Cassie

Giovanni Petris  <[hidden email]>
Associate Professor
Department of Mathematical Sciences
University of Arkansas - Fayetteville, AR 72701
Ph: (479) 575-6324, 575-8630 (fax)
http://definetti.uark.edu/~gpetris/