testing two data sets

Mohammed Ouassou-2
Hi everyone,

I have 2 data sets and I like to carry out a test to find out if they
come from the same distribution.

Any suggestions ? thanks in advance.

M.O

Re: testing two data sets

glsnow
?ks.test
?qqplot

also look at permutation tests and possibly the vis.test function in
the TeachingDemos package.

Note that with all of these large samples may give you power to detect
meaningless differences and small samples may not have enough power to
detect potentially important differences.

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 12:37 AM, Mohammed Ouassou
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have 2 data sets and I like to carry out a test to find out if they
> come from the same distribution.
>

> Any suggestions ? thanks in advance.
>
> M.O

Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.