.travis.yml ... most likely included in error

.travis.yml ... most likely included in error

Spencer Graves-3
Hello:

       Suggestions for whomever maintains "R CMD":

             1.  Can you change it so it doesn't complain about the
presence of ".travis.yml", at least on GitHub?

             2.  What do you suggest people do to find error messages in
the output?  I ask, because I'm getting "build failing" from
travis-ci.org, but I can't see what failed in the following:

https://travis-ci.org/sbgraves237/Ecdat/builds/558528361?utm_medium=notification&utm_source=email

                   https://api.travis-ci.org/v3/job/558528362/log.txt

       Or are thesejust Travis-CI problems?  If yes, what would you
suggest they do?

       Thanks,
       Spencer Graves

Re: .travis.yml ... most likely included in error

Danny Smith
Hi Spencer,

To get rid of the .travis.yml note add a .Rbuildignore file with this line:
^\.travis\.yml$
This will exclude the file from the build.

The build is failing because of a warning. As noted in the log, Travis is
treating a warning as an error:

Found warnings, treating as errors

It's a bit hard to find the warning in the logs because of all the pdfTeX
output but it's a warning about uncompressed datasets on line 3179:
https://travis-ci.org/sbgraves237/Ecdat/builds/558528361#L3179

You could try resaving your datasets, there are a couple of suggestions
here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32605623/how-to-compress-saves-in-r-package-build/47074811

Cheers,
Danny

On Mon., 15 Jul. 2019, 00:32 Spencer Graves, <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello:
>

>        Suggestions for whomever maintains "R CMD":
>

>              1.  Can you change it so it doesn't complain about the
> presence of ".travis.yml", at least on GitHub?
>

>              2.  What do you suggest people do to find error messages in
> the output?  I ask, because I'm getting "build failing" from
> travis-ci.org, but I can't see what failed in the following:
>

> https://travis-ci.org/sbgraves237/Ecdat/builds/558528361?utm_medium=notification&utm_source=email
>

>                    https://api.travis-ci.org/v3/job/558528362/log.txt
>

>        Or are thesejust Travis-CI problems?  If yes, what would you
> suggest they do?
>

>        Thanks,
>        Spencer Graves

Re: .travis.yml ... most likely included in error

Spencer Graves-3
Hi, Danny et al.:

       Thanks.  I found ".Rbuildignore" on my local copy that was,
however, not tracked by git.  I added that, then committed and pushed
the change.

       Obviously, I'm new to travis and am still learning how to read
and understand what it's saying -- especially on how to find "warnings,
treating as errors".

       Thanks again,
       Spencer Graves