trivial typo in src/library/base/man/pmatch.Rd

trivial typo in src/library/base/man/pmatch.Rd

bbolker
ll. 17-18 of src/library/base/man/pmatch.Rd says "the value to be
returned at non-matching or multiply partially matching positions".

   I think "multiply" should be "multiple" there?

   Can submit an actual patch if that would be more useful.

Re: trivial typo in src/library/base/man/pmatch.Rd

Peter Dalgaard-2
I suspect this is as meant, but it is "multiply", the adverb, not the verb. So it might be worth rephrasing, but "multiple" would be wrong (it is about cases where you at one position have several partial matches, not several positions where you have a partial match). "Non-uniquely partially matching", perhaps?

-pd

> On 13 Mar 2021, at 01:50 , Ben Bolker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> ll. 17-18 of src/library/base/man/pmatch.Rd says "the value to be returned at non-matching or multiply partially matching positions".
>
>  I think "multiply" should be "multiple" there?
>
>  Can submit an actual patch if that would be more useful.

Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501
Office: A 4.23

Re: trivial typo in src/library/base/man/pmatch.Rd

bbolker
   You're right.  But I guess my confusion is proof that it can be
confusing.

What about "The value to be returned for positions where there are
either no partial matches or multiple partial matches" ?

  ("positions where the number of partial matches is not exactly 1" :-))