xtable with longtable is doublespaced, rather than single as intended

xtable with longtable is doublespaced, rather than single as intended

Stephen J. Barr-2
Hello,

Quick R/LaTeX question.

I have the following code within a .Rnw file:

<<label=regionalSummary,results=tex,echo=false>>=
cVec <- c("RATE","SVC.PCT","AGR.PCT","IND.PCT","density00")
x.big <- xtable(aggregate(qp3[,cVec], list(qp3[,"COURT"]), mean))
colnames(x.big)[1] <- "COURT"
print(x.big, tabular.environment="longtable", include.rownames=TRUE)
@

However, in the PDF the table comes out double spaces, rather than
single spaced like in the xtableGallery document. Is there any way to
force single space behavior. I have nothing strange in my .Rnw file.

Thanks,
-stephen